Further, you will understand the individual elements that make up strong auditory processing skills and be able to use TAVS to assess them. These areas such as temporal processing, pitch perception, gap detection and beat competency are known to be vital for strong listening, language development, reading and rhythm awareness.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners are authorized to administer TAVS, a versatile screening tool which is ideal for use with The Listening Program, inTime, and other interventions that seek to improve fundamental sensory processing skills.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes:
- Review and understand auditory processing terms, screening areas, and relate them to functional skills.
- Understand the scientific basis for testing the 12 areas offered by TAVS.
- Hands-on experience with in the use of the TAVS device, prompt cards, user guide, and record sheet.
- Demonstrate competence in the administration of the pretest, quick and full screening, adjusting screening parameters, recording and interpreting results.
- Implement the TAVS assessment with children and adults.
- TAVS device and headphones.
- User guide and record sheets.
- Prompt cards
Additional TAVS systems can be purchased separately, but only by TAVS Certified Providers.
- Complete all online training modules and self-study.
- Receive a passing score of 80% or higher on course exam.